All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
*** UPDATE ***
- SINCE PUBLICATION OF THIS ARTICLE, THE MATCH HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO POOR WEATHER
Is there a better way to start the weekend than by kicking back and watching two in-form Championship sides duking it out? If there is I’m yet to experience it.
If you’re so inclined, we’ve got just that this week as Nottingham Forest make the long trip south to take on Bournemouth at the Vitality. It’s 2nd hosting 7th and there’s plenty riding on this one.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS
Scott Parker’s Cherries are doing their best to keep up with his old club Fulham at the top while the Tricky Trees’ sensational climb up the table has slowed a little as they approach the upper echelons of the second tier.
It’s two of the league’s best attacks coming up against two of the better defences. It’s a fantastically finely-tuned match that fully deserves a shiny Bet Builder to call its own. Let’s try and unearth some prudent punts.
Friday 7.45pm: Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest
TV: Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football
These two are generally involved in entertaining matches and both have been trending positively upwards in the terms of goals scored recently. Following a little blip which saw them exit the FA Cup at the mighty hands of Boreham Wood, Bournemouth are back in their stride and are scoring with regularity again.
That 1-0 loss was the last in a run of three games with just one goal in each but it’s back to normal service now with a 3-1 and 2-1 win in their last two. Forest have seen Over 2.5 Goals in five of their last six including that impressive win over Leicester in the 4th round as well as both teams scoring in four of their last six.
The two occasions where both teams haven’t scored have seen them keeping clean sheets in wins to nil. This is the 2nd and 5th best strike forces in the division and I’m backing them to show their wares in style with Both Teams To Score.
This is obviously going to be one of Forest’s tougher assignments between now and the end of the season but I think they’ll still be able to get their shots away. They’ve had 24 shots on target in their last five Championship games, an average of just under five a game.
They’ve only missed this target on one occasion in that run, their 2-1 away loss to Cardiff when they only troubled the keeper once. Bournemouth have given up 30 shots on target in their last five Championship outings, an average of six per match (including seven against rock-bottom Barnsley) so there’s a great chance we see Nottingham Forest have 4 or More Shots on Target.
I really like this Brennan Johnson to Score Anytime play. The 20 year old is one of the hottest prospects in the English pyramid and certainly in the EFL. He’s been enjoying a breakout season and has played a huge part in Forest’s rise up the table.
He’s in fantastic goal-scoring form as well. He’s 2nd in Forest’s top-scorer list and has 10 goals in 33 appearances from his attacking midfield role. The baby-faced assassin is on spot kicks, has four in his last five, and is a great price to find the net again here.
Try as I might I just can’t come down on the side of a winner here. I’ll happily admit to sitting on the fence and I think taking on The Draw is well worth a go. Both of these two have won four of their last six matches with Forest drawing and losing one and The Cherries losing their other two so there’s barely anything to split them on form.
The big caveat is that neither side draw very often and Forest’s 2-2 stalemate with Stoke at the weekend was their first draw in 11 league games. Bournemouth last drew 10 games ago but I just fancy these two to cancel each other out in a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.
Both Teams to Score
Nottingham Forest to Have 4 or More Shots on Target
Brennan Johnson to Score Anytime
*A Bet Builder with these four best bets pays at approximately 27/1 with Paddy Power. CLICK HERE TO ADD IT TO YOUR BETSLIP.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
FREE BET IF 1 LEG LETS YOU DOWN
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder fails to land, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Free Bet If 1 Leg Lets You Down per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
- Football Tips: Paddy’s top traders pick their weekend cheat sheet
- Premier League Tips: Paddy Power’s betting guide to the weekend fixtures
- Football Accumulator Tips: Paddy’s juicy 16/1 acca for Friday’s action
- Football Tips: 7/2 shot heads our 3 best bets for Juventus v Torino
- Football Tips:3 West Ham v Newcastle best bets from Phil Thompson
- Bet Builder Tips: Antonio ace in 30/1 West Ham v Newcastle punt
- Football Tips: Phil Thompson’s 4/1 Turbo Treble for 3pm games
- Football Tips: Thommo’s 5/1 pick heads his 3 Liverpool v Norwich best bets
- Bet Builder Tips: Our tasty 26/1 Man City v Tottenham punt
- Football Tips: Thommo’s Man City v Spurs best bets with 5/1 play
- Football Accumulator Tips: Paddy’s 7/1 treble for Saturday’s Euro action
- Football Tips: Phil Thompson’s 7/2 double for Sunday’s matches
- Football Tips: 13/2 in Thommo’s Leeds v Man Utd best bets
- Football Tips: 31/1 Bet Builder for Leeds v Man Utd
- Football Tips: Slick 6/1 pick in Thommo’s Wolves v Leicester best bets