* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
If we told you at the start of the season that this would be the meeting of two of the Premier League’s form teams at the Christmas period, there would have been a lot of sniggering. But, Arsenal entertain the league leaders Manchester City on Saturday on the back of five victories on the bounce in all competitions.
Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola’s men roll into North London having won 10 Premier League games in-a-row, as their procession to another title looks to be unstoppable. A head of the game we grabbed Paddy Power ambassador Phil Thompson for his picks and he wasn’t long tipping Man City to end Arsenal’s winning run.
Watch on BT Sport
Arsenal are one of the teams who wouldn’t have wanted games postponed due to Covid-19 given their form before their game with Wolves on Tuesday was called off.
Previous to that, Mikel Arteta’s men had won five games in all competitions and they seem to be enjoying themselves now.
They picked up a fantastic 5-0 result at Norwich, even if The Canaries do seem doomed. But, any time you score five goals away from home is wonderful.
However, what can you say about Manchester City that hasn’t already been said? They just keep on winning. Unlike Liverpool – who just couldn’t find a way to score against Leicester – Man City managed to get themselves over the line at Brentford.
That was their 10th win on the trot in the Premier League.
I do fancy City to win this one too. Their only defeat in their last 19 league games was against Crystal Palace, and that was at home! With their away record being so strong, I’m taking Man City To Win To Nil here.
I’m also eyeing up them to win on a Correct Score of 2-0 at the Emirates. Arsenal will be pushing for the victory given their newfound confidence, and I just believe City will pick them off as The Gunners try to go forward.
You could pick from so many Manchester City players to be an Anytime Goalscorer. Phil Foden did the damage against Brentford, but I’m tipping Raheem Sterling to find the net in this contest. He looks to be coming back into a bit of form lately, and I reckon he’ll bury one on Saturday morning.
New Year’s Day football tips
- Arsenal v Man City tips: Sterling the star in this mega 77/1 Bet Builder
- Crystal Palace v West Ham tips: Phil Thompson’s 8/1 shout for the battle at Selhurst Park
- English football tips: There’s goals galore in our New Year’s Day 30/1 BTTS acca for the 3pm kick-offs
- Premier League tips: Paddy Power’s betting guide to the New Year’s fixtures
- Chelsea v Liverpool tips: We’re backing the draw in this 22/1 Bet Builder
- Chelsea v Liverpool tips: Our 34/1 Bet Builder for your Bet £5 Get £5 punt
- Premier League tips: Our 11/1 acca for Sunday’s 2pm kick-offs
- Need team news to complete your Bet Builder? Well, now Paddy’s got you covered
- B*llend d’Or 2021: Paddy Power’s end of year football awards
- January transfer window 2022: When does it open and close for Premier League clubs?