* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Man City and Paris Saint-Germain throw down at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night in a game that should sort out who will come out on top of Group A in the Champions League. A victory for the home side would seal top spot, while it could also send PSG off to a very nervy final game with Club Brugge – if the Belgians can beat RB Leipzig at the same time as this game.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
There is a lot riding on this mega-bucks clash, and we’ve drafted in our knowledge-packed football trader Jason Murphy for his take on it all. Thankfully, he reckons we are in for an entertaining night and let’s face it, the players on show are paid more than enough to provide one!
BT Sport 2 / BT Sport Ultimate
Man City are rightly favourites for this game, especially after their demolition of Everton last weekend. Pep Guardiola’s men have even gone in a bit in the betting since this market opened. City were also frontrunners in the market when these two met in Paris. Now, I know PSG won that game 2-0, but that result was not in any way reflective of what happened out on the pitch.
City were by far the better team that night, and their price to win this contest on Wednesday is justified. However, they are a little bit shorter in the odds than I would like to back them to be victorious. Given the attacking talent these sides possess, I’m leaning more towards both sides to hit the back of the net. Ultimately, I’m going combine my to shouts above and I’m tipping Man City To Win With Both Teams To Score.
I reckon we should witness the home outfit take this 2-1, or 3-1 on the night. If City click the way they can in attack, I just can’t see Mauricio Pochettino’s men living with them here. In terms of a goalscorer, Riyad Mahrez is the way I’m going and if he makes it onto the pitch, he is where the value is in this one.
Mahrez is on penalties kicks, and we’ve seen him score them already in the Champions League this season – even when Kevin De Bruyne (who misses the game with Covid) is on the pitch. The Algerian has grabbed eight goals in 16 appearance this term. But, when you dig a little deeper into the stats, you’ll find he’s played less than 900 minutes. The means that when he has got onto the park this season, his goal record is fantastic.
More football tips
- Man City v PSG tips: There’s more Messi magic in this 16/1 Bet Builder
- Man City v PSG tips: A 6/1 shout is among Phil Thompson’s best bets
- Liverpool v Porto tips: Phil Thompson’s 3 best bets for include an 8/1 shout
- Football on TV: What live football matches are on the telly box today?
- Ed Woodward hires plumber to fix major leak in Man Utd changing room
- Champions League group stage permutations for Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd
- Next Man Utd manager odds: Who will replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford?
- Donny Van de Beek spotted buying crate of champagne after Solskjaer sacking