* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The Shorty: Kylian Mbappé To Score Anytime
This match has all the markings of a revenge mission for Paris Saint-Germain as they surprisingly surrendered Ligue 1 to their Friday night opponents last season. There is no doubt Lille’s title victory was the stuff for footballing fairytales, as they defied the odds (and PSG’s bumper bank account) to win the title by a single point on the final day of the campaign.
But, if that was a dream, Lille’s defence of their championship has been nothing short of a nightmare as the find themselves 13 points behind PSG heading into Friday’s game. Mauricio Pochettino’s men won’t lack in motivation to beat Lille in this one, that’s for sure, and we fancy one of their star men to find the net.
Kylian Mbappé’s PSG future is far from certain as he could leave the club for nothing at the end of next season, leaving him free to negotiate with clubs outside of France in January – with Real Madrid being the most likely destination it seems. But, the French wonderkid has been on a tear this term, with 14 goal involvements (six goals and eight assists) in 14 games and he has netted four times in his last five outings for club and country.
He also scored a brace when these two sides went at it in the Coupe de France last term, and we wouldn’t be shocked to see him back on the scoresheet on Friday night.
Friday 8pm – PSG v Lille
BT Sport 2
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Value Play: PSG To Win To Nil
We’re going a little against the grain of current form with this selection, but hear us out! We’re fully aware that Mauricio Pochettino’s outfit have conceded in three of their last four games, however, things are a little different when these clubs get together.
Either PSG or Lille have won this fixture to nil in five of the previous six meetings (in all competitions), with PSG taking three of those victories. The other game was a 0-0 draw last season, so the trend suggests we will see another blank on one side of the scoreboard on Friday night. Lille have also struggled to find the net lately, scoring just once in their last three matches.
All that leads us to believe the home side can claim the victory here. After all, PSG have won nine of their 11 league fixtures to date and, with rumours Sergio Ramos is on the verge of a debut at the back for the Parisians, we fancy them to keep Jocelyn Gourvennec’s men quiet on the night here.
Long Shot: Correct Score: PSG To Win 2-0
Believe it or not, this is a scoreline that has come up twice in the six previous meetings we have mentioned above. PSG have also won by two or more goals against Lille in the last 10 games the teams have shared.
When you have a team that boasts attacking talent Lionel Messi, Neymar and the aforementioned Mbappé, it’s well within PSG’s wheelhouse to pull this bet off for us. To add to our reasons for backing it, Poch has seen his charges score two goals in six of their last eight fixtures. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- BEST BETS: Paddy’s ultimate guide for this weekend
- ACCA: Our fiery 40/1 four-fold for Friday
- BET BUILDER: Our 33/1 QPR v Nottingham Forest flutter
Slick Saturday picks
- ACCA: Our sublime 13/1 four-fold for Saturday night
- TURBO TREBLE: Thommo’s 11/2 treble for Saturday’s 3pm Prem action
- THOMMO: 8/1 play leads the way in Leicester v Arsenal best bets
- BEST BETS: Thommo’s 4 Liverpool v Brighton bets include 5/1 shout
- BET BUILDER: Our mega 40/1 flutter for Leicester v Arsenal
- THOMMO: My 3 prize punts for Tottenham v Man Utd
- BET BUILDER: Our smart 32/1 shot for Spurs v Man United
Some more for Sunday
- THOMMO: My 3 Sunday best for Norwich v Leeds
- BEST BETS: 3 punts for Norwich v Leeds on Sunday
- BET BUILDER: 30/1 flutter for Aston Villa v West Ham
- THOMMO: 3 for glee ahead of Villa v West Ham