* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
After a week scrapping with clubs in Europe, some of Ireland’s top sides return to domestic matters in the SSE Airtricity League. We’ve got a single game on Friday evening, while Saturday boasts afternoon and evening kick-offs. We round off the week with a couple of huge matches on Sunday (both at 3pm), with the top two in the league involved.
A mid-table battle at The Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium opens the show this week as Derry City take on Drogheda at 7.45pm on Friday. Just two points separate the sides in the standings and a win for the home outfit would see them leapfrog The Drogs by a point.
Next, up Bohemians will be hoping to follow up their mid-week European heroics by beating Waterford at the RSC at 2pm on Saturday. That success over POAK in the UEFA Europa Conference League Qualifiers has the whole league buzzing, but our man Alan is expecting a big come down in this one for Keith Long’s men.
Later that evening, Sligo Rovers welcome Finn Harps to The Showgrounds at 7.45pm as they look to keep themselves in the title picture with a victory. This north-west derby is always a tasty affair and Harps know a victory can help them in their relegation fight.
Moving to Sunday, the most fascinating battle of the weekend could take place at Oriel Park as Dundalk take on second-placed St Patrick’s Athletic at 3pm. The Lilywhites may be languishing in seventh spot in the league, but they still have the quality and the know-how to mix it with teams near the summit of the division.
Finally, table-toppling Shamrock Rovers will look to dismiss bottom side Longford Town as they meet at Tallaght Stadium at 3pm. There is a whopping 33 points between those two in the standings and Longford have even played a game more than their hosts. Let’s get you to Cawley’s calls, you’ve waited long enough.
Cawley’s Call treble: Derry City, Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers all to win. CLICK HERE TO PLACE THIS BET
- Football tips: Premier League top four best bets for new season – including 11/1 punt
- EFL Championship club-by-club guide to new season & promotion and relegation odds
- Football tips: EFL Championship best bets – winner, promotion, relegation & top scorer verdicts
- Football tips: Your League 1 & League 2 outright best bets for 2021/22
- Clever correct calls sees London Paddy Power punter net £5k from just a £5 stake