* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Tuesday 20:00 – Italy v Spain
BBC One / RTÉ Two
This game on Tuesday night at Wembley is going to be a very, very tight affair. Roberto Mancini’s side have a great combination of traditional Italian defensive values and the new school high press. They also have some really valuable midfielders to create for them, especially Marco Verratti of Paris Saint-Germain.
Spain, in contrast, have been a funny team to figure out. They dominate the ball and their pressing game is excellent, but they don’t convert that into chances. But, when they do get opportunities to score Alvaro Morata tends to miss them!
Italy are certainly the more reliable team of the two semi-finalists. But, at the current prices, I would lean towards tipping the draw in this one. I know it’s not the most exciting bet, but three of the four meetings of these sides in knockout football have gone to extra time. I can see the Italians taking the final place in extra-time or penalties, but reckon the 90 minutes will finish level at 1-1.
There is a player I like to grab the first goal in their semi-final at a big price and that’s Italy’s centre-half Leonardo Bonucci. He had a one disallowed – which would have been a first goal – against Belgium and he’s also usually a big threat to the defence from set-pieces.
If this is tight towards the end of normal time, don’t be surprised if he pops up on the scoresheet from a dead-ball situation. He’ll be a hell of a price if it comes up!
MORE ITALY v SPAIN TIPS
- Check out our huge 43/1 Bet Builder for Italy v Spain
- CHEAT SHEET: A 22/1 Bet Builder for Italy v Spain using Andy Robson’s data
- Phil Thompson’s 8/1 punt and score prediction for Italy v Spain
ENGLAND v DENMARK TIPS
- Phil Thompson’s England v Denmark best bets – including an 11/2 play
- England v Denmark CHEAT SHEET: A 26/1 Bet Builder using Andy Robson’s data
- TRADER VERDICT: 1 slick pick for Wednesday’s Wembley showdown
- BET BUILDER: Our 43/1 wager for Wednesday’s England v Denmark clash
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Bank of England to issue Harry Maguire-shaped 50p piece if England win Euro 2020
- #SaveOurGame: Where Paddy’s cash is going and the clubs it has helped
- Euro 2020: How Italy, Spain, England and Denmark made it to the semi finals
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot: Can Sterling, Kane or Immobile catch Ronaldo & Schick?