* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
And then there were four! It might seem like this European Championships has flown by and it certainly feels that way, as only Italy, Spain, Denmark and England remain in contention for the Henri Delaunay Trophy. Italy have cruised into this game, winning all their group games without conceding a goal and then beating Austria and – most impressively – Belgium in the knockout stages.
Roberto Mancini’s men gave a master class of seeing a game out in the second half after Romelu Lukaku gave the Belgians a lifeline with a penalty late in the first half. Should they do that again on Tuesday, they will have a shot of winning this tournament for only the second time in their illustrious history.
Tuesday 20:00 – Italy v Spain
BBC One / RTÉ Two
Spain have spluttered their way to this point after needing a win in their final Group E game in progress and then finding themselves involved in two utterly bonkers knockout games. Firstly, they needed extra time to beat Croatia 5-3 in an unforgettable last 16 tie, and then required penalties to beat a gallant Swiss outfit – who played over 40 minutes with 10 men.
But, let’s get to the bets! We’ve poured over Andy Robson’s data-loaded cheat sheet to bring you a fantastic foursome of tips for this semi-final.
You can get the below four selections straight into your Paddy Power betslip by CLICKING HERE TO PLACE THE BET.
Although Koke has managed to get through the tournament without finding himself in a referee’s notebook, he will face his toughest test of Euro 2020 as he tries to deal with Marco Verratti, Nicolo Barella and Jorginho. He’s averaging just under a foul a game for Spain, but we reckon we could see him put in a similar shift to the one he does for Atletico Madrid, where he amassed a hefty nine yellows in La Liga last season.
Despite Federico Chiesa initially being overlooked, with Domenico Berardi being preferred over the Juventus wide man, he has come into the Italian front line and impressed, playing a key role alongside Lorenzo Insigne and Ciro Immobile. He’s averaging just under a shot on target per 90 from a whopping 3.08 shots a game, so he’s certainly not shy at trying his luck. Coming up against either Jordi Alba or Jose Gaya, two left-backs far better going forward than stopping players of Chiesa’s talent, we should see him play a key part in this last four encounter.
Having notched his first goal of the tournament, scoring the opener in the 2-1 win over Belgium, Nicolo Barella continues to impress in the Italy midfield. He averages over a shot per 90 and has had five at Euro 2020. He’s the one in that midfield three tasked with getting close to Immobile and he should have a strike or two at Wembley, whether they go anywhere near Spain’s goal is irrelevant.
Spain have absolutely loved a corner at Euro 2020, with this selection landing in each of their games at the tournament. Their ‘Corners For’ numbers over their five games reads as 6, 7, 7, 8, 13. Although they’ve largely dominated those games, those numbers aren’t a coincidence. Luis Enrique likes to leave his wingers high and wide, suiting this selection down to the ground.
* A Bet Builder on these four best bets pays at approximately 22/1 with Paddy Power. CLICK HERE TO PLACE THE BET.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
BET BUILDER ACCA INSURANCE
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
MORE ITALY v SPAIN TIPS
- Check out our huge 43/1 Bet Builder for Italy v Spain
- Phil Thompson’s 8/1 punt and score prediction for Italy v Spain
- TRADER VERDICT: Paddy’s top number-cruncher has his say on Italy v Spain
ENGLAND v DENMARK TIPS
- Phil Thompson’s England v Denmark best bets – including an 11/2 play
- England v Denmark CHEAT SHEET: A 26/1 Bet Builder using Andy Robson’s data
- TRADER VERDICT: 1 slick pick for Wednesday’s Wembley showdown
- BET BUILDER: Our 43/1 wager for Wednesday’s England v Denmark clash
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Bank of England to issue Harry Maguire-shaped 50p piece if England win Euro 2020
- #SaveOurGame: Where Paddy’s cash is going and the clubs it has helped
- Euro 2020: How Italy, Spain, England and Denmark made it to the semi finals
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot: Can Sterling, Kane or Immobile catch Ronaldo & Schick?