* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s crunch time for the Germans hopes of progression in Group F, as they welcome Portugal to the Allianz Arena in Munich on Saturday at 5pm. A Mats Hummels own goal against World champions France condemned Joachim Low’s side to a 1-0 defeat in their opening game at the Euros, so points are an absolute must for his charges in this game.
Saturday 17:00 – Portugal v Germany
ITV / RTÉ Two
Portugal have the benefit of their 3-0 success over Hungary to sit on, should they come unstuck in Munich. But, the carrot of being able to really derail the German’s hopes of moving into the knockout phase is dangling right in front of them, if they can pick up the three points of course. With an evening of high drama instore, we’ve turned to the delightful data on Andy Robson’s tipping cheat sheet to help pick our punts for the match.
Portugal have played against ‘elite’ opposition 11 times since Euro 2016, with nine of those matches featuring Under 1.5 goals. Their manager Fernando Santos sets up to counter attack and despite all their attacking talent, Ronaldo and Co are not free scoring against similar ranked nations. Germany, on the other hand, played well against France but were lacking that clinical edge. I can also see both sides accepting a draw if the game is tied late on as it should be a cagey affair.
The Bayern wideman started in the strikers’ role against France and I expect he will be trusted there again on Saturday evening. His pace should allow him to gain space for shots against Ruben Dias and and aging Pepe. His stats look solid too, with an average of 1.17 shots on target per game, as well as 2.6 shots.
We thought Man United’s talisman looked sharp in the opener and despite the fact he is not on set pieces, we still fancy him for a shot on target. Looking at the cheat sheet, Bruno averages 1.58 shots on target per game and isn’t afraid of long-range attempts as he showed in the opener against Hungary.
It will be on Germany to push the tempo of the game, as they know they cannot afford to lose this. Portugal will happily sit back and take a draw if necessary, so I expect the Germans to push forward and thus rack up plenty of corners.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
BET BUILDER ACCA INSURANCE
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the two teams below:
- Portugal Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- Germany Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
SATURDAY’S FOOTBALL TIPS
- Our 11/1 Euro 2020 Saturday treble featuring France, Germany & Spain
- An 11/2 Bet Builder using Andy Robson’s Hungary v France cheat sheet
- Emmanuel Petit’s 4 Hungary v France punts for Saturday
- Our 58/1 Bet Builder for Saturday’s Portugal v Germany blockbuster clash
- Emmanuel Petit’s 2 picks for Portugal v Germany
- A 9/2 Bet Builder using Andy Robson’s Portugal v Germany cheat sheet
- Paddy trader’s tidy plays for Spain v Poland on Saturday
- Our 10/1 Bet Builder for Spain v Poland using Andy Robson’s cheat sheet