* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Both teams could actually knock each other out of the tournament here if they were to draw. If it ends level they are out, and they can go enjoy their summer holidays. But, both countries will be desperate to win this game and for that reason, I’m going with Over 3.5 Goals as one of my best bets.
Sunday 17:00 – Switzerland v Turkey
Switzerland have the slightly better chance of the pair of progressing in the Euros should they win, thanks to the point they gained against Wales in their opener. Remember only four teams get through in that third-place qualification spot. So, if either of these teams are going to grab one of those places, they need to improve their goal difference as they were both beaten 3-0 by Italy. That angle makes Over 3.5 Goals more likely to come up in this contest and it is the smart way to play this one.
Out of the two nations taking to the pitch for this game, the player that has impressed the most at this tournament is Breel Embolo – particular in how he performed in Switzerland’s first game against Wales. The way he picked up the ball around the halfway line, turned and went at Wales was really eye-catching.
He scored a header from a set-piece in that game, I don’t believe he’ll get as easy a chance here as Turkey have a really tall back-line. However, The Turks defence is pretty slow and we all saw how easily Aaron Ramsey got behind them for Wales last time out.
If Embolo can make similar types of runs in this game – with or without the ball – you could see him hitting the back of the net. Don’t forget, Switzerland do have the likes of Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri to pick him out with passes too. I’m expecting plenty of goals here, so if Switzerland do score, it’s very likely Embolo will be the man to do it.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the two teams below:
- Switzerland Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- Turkey Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
* Stats correct as of start of tournament.
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Euro 2020 tips: Our delightful 7/2 double for Sunday’s Group A games
- Football tips: Our mega Bet Builder for Italy v Wales on Sunday
- Football tips: Paddy trader’s dishy duo of best bets for Sunday’s Group A double-header
- Football tips: Emmanuel Petit’s 3 punts for Italy v Wales – including a 7/1 shout