* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Belgium will look to keep their 100 per cent record at the tournament intact as they travel to meet Denmark in the Parken Stadium on Thursday at 5pm. The home side will be hoping to put an emotional few days behind them as they seek their first points on the board against the number one ranked team in world football.
Thursday 17:00 – Denmark v Belgium
ITV / RTÉ Two
The Belgians were imperious in their 3-0 dismissal of Russia in their opening fixture, and it’s a huge plus for them to have star striker Romelu Lukaku firing on all cylinders already. But, can the home side upset the odds here? We’ve studied the data on Andy Robson’s tipping cheat sheet to give you a steer on the markets to back in this one.
The Red Devils put down a stern marker in their opening match against Russia and you’d expect they will be too strong for Denmark as well. Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne is expected to be available for Martinez’s side, which will only make them stronger. The Danes are a well-organised side, but they’ll struggle to contain the nation ranked number 1 in the world, who have threats all over the pitch.
Belgium should dominate this match, racking up plenty of shots and corners in the process. Denmark will obviously be without their most creative player and you can see them spending a lot of the game in their own half defending. That should lead to plenty of corners for the Belgians.
We don’t like backing unders, but the amount of times we’ve watched Bjorn Kuipers in the last year has driven us to this. This Dutch referee has an allergy to yellow cards, averaging just 2 a match over an entire domestic season. He lets a lot of fouls go and these Euros have seen very few cards handed out so far anyway.
He didn’t let us down against Russia, so we’re backing big Rom again here. He is a man high on confidence and will be thinking about the Golden Boot. That will mean plenty of shots, especially if the game is already sewn up. It’s not as if he needed too much extra assistance, but the fact De Bruyne is likely to be back will only lead to more chances for the Inter Milan forward.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
BET BUILDER ACCA INSURANCE
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the two teams below:
- Denmark Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- Belgium Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
* Stats correct as of the start of tournament.
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Football tips: Our 11/1 treble for Thursday’s Euro 2020 action
- Football tips: Lukaku can score our 36/1 Bet Builder for Denmark v Belgium
- Football tips: Paddy trader’s NAP for Ukraine v North Macedonia goal fest
- Football tips: Paul Ince’s 17/1 shot and 3 best bets for The Netherlands v Austria