* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Croatia have inflicted two of England’s most damaging defeats over the last 15 years but former Three Lions defender and Paddy Power ambassador Phil Thompson thinks it’s payback time. Gareth Southgate’s side will be looking for revenge as they open their Euro 2020 campaign against the side who defeated them in the World Cup 2018 semi finals.
Croatia are not in great form coming into this summer’s spectacle, but they have some players who ooze class in their squad and have done it at the top level. Our man Thommo is sure England are going to win this one quite comfortably, so here’s his tips for the big game.
- Don’t forget to claim your £/€5 FREE BET BUILDER on this game. Simply head here to claim.
I have to pile in behind England. I just have to, and you feel that we owe Croatia one, don’t we, after the World Cup? I think the boys will come good, defensively we’re very good and we do have that creativity in that side. Jack Grealish, I think he’s in excellent form, I think he will excite people, but it has to be England to Win for me.
England have got a really good defence, as we’ve seen in the two warm-up matches, they’re not really going to take much from them, but I’m backing England to Win 2-0, so England to Win To Nil as well. In terms of a goal scorer, I don’t know if we can double this up with the correct score bet, but Harry Kane has to be in there.
He takes penalties and you will see, I think they will be red-hot on the VAR and I think lots of penalties will be given. Harry Kane’s the man on the mark so it’s Harry Kane to Score Anytime for me.
Thommo’s England v Croatia Tips
England to Win 2-0 and Harry Kane to Score Anytime will give you odds of around 10/1 with Paddy Power in a Bet Builder.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go