* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s coming home…hopefully, this time around. Let’s face it, we were naive back in 2018. We’re much better able to manage our expectations this time around, but come on, surely this year we can make something happen!
- Don’t forget to claim your £/€5 FREE BET BUILDER on this game. Simply head here to claim.
Sunday 14:00 – England v Croatia
BBC One / RTÉ Two
England already owns Scotland (just don’t tell Mel Gibson or Nicola Sturgeon!), Croatia are looking beatable and pfft, the Czech Republic just haven’t been the same since Petr Cech hung up his helmet.
You know what that means… we only really need to worry about who’ll be runners up in Group F. But, not to get ahead of ourselves, here’s what we’re thinking for step one on the road to European Glory.
Bet Builder Acca Insurance
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
Croatia certainly won’t be pushovers, but with losses to Slovenia and Belgium recently, and an underwhelming one-all draw with Armenia in the pre-tournament friendlies, England should be well versed to beat a side that is struggling with depth – up front and at the back.
England were only able to put one away past Romania and achieved the same result against Austria in recent weeks. With Croatia’s current form, expect a low-scoring affair with the Croats relying heavily on their talented and experienced midfield to carry them through.
Harry Kane enters the Euros with the second highest shots on target per 90 minutes ratio, averaging 2.05 shots on target per 90. I would definitely fancy his chances to achieve this against Dejan Lovren (remember him?) and Besiktas’ Domagoj Vida.
The inevitable. We all know he’s only there because he’s left footed. Loves to get in among the action – sometimes arguably, a little too much! With Harry Maguire in doubt to start, expect Mings to get himself in some sort of trouble.
Hie’s the main man up front for this Croatian side and he should be primed to get great service from household names in the midfield and out wide.
- Squads and statistics correct at time of data sheet creation.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the two teams below:
- England Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- Croatia Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Breaking: Southgate collects waistcoat from dry cleaners ahead of Euros
- Next England manager odds: Who’s in line to replace Gareth if it goes South at Euro 2020?
- Come on you boys in white! Paddy’s giving €10K to Irish footy every time England net at Euros
- Peter Crouch EXCLUSIVE: England have the players to do something special at Euro 2020