* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Paddy’s football ambassador Phil Thompson runs the rule over Sheffield United’s clash with Crystal Palace on Saturday at 3pm in the Premier League. Thommo turned out for the Blades a bit back in the day and he’s supporting his old side this weekend.
With suspicions that the ageing Crystal Palace squad might be on the beach, Thommo thinks the Blades could cut them to pieces. Our man’s got three best bets for this game so we’ll let the big man himself guide you through his selections
You’d think Crystal Palace should be up for this. But they are in 13th place and maybe done enough and will have the flip flops out. It’s getting to that time of the season.
They’re the oldest team in the Premier League so maybe they’re getting a bit tired. Their only win in the last eight was against West Brom and that was at home.
I’m going for a Sheffield United win. Yes, they’ve enjoyed the win against Brighton and I do think they’ll do this one. The stats are not saying that but I just think Palace have lost their way a little bit.
Saturday 3pm: Sheffield United v Crystal Palace
Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League
I know they’re relegated, Sheffield United, so the shackles are off. Maybe they have thought, ‘Maybe we can start playing now?’
That sounds a daft one but I’m going for Sheffield United to Win 2-1.
Saturday Football Tips
- Football Tips: Our 7/1 treble for some of the biggest Championship games on Saturday
- Football Tips: Thommo’s 4/1 Saturday treble featuring Spurs, City and Liverpool
- Football Tips: Our nifty 9/1 treble for this weekend’s televised EFL games
- Football Tips: Messi the man in our 3 best bets for huge Barcelona v Atletico clash
- Football Tips: Our 9/1 acca for League Two’s final round of games on Saturday
- Football Tips: The 3 best bets for Liverpool v Southampton on Saturday