* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Dinamo Zagreb face a tough task when they welcome Spurs to the Stadion Maksimir on Thursday evening for the second leg of their Europa League Last 16 tie. The home side were 0-2 losers away to Spurs a week prior and it looks like they’ll need a miracle to put the London club out of the competition. Let’s go through the stats and form then to find the three Best Bets for this Europa League matchup.
Obviously enough the home side have to make a real go of it here and if Spurs get an early away goal it could be curtains for any hopes Zagreb have. The home side won’t have had the best preparation for this match either, their manager, well, former manager, has just been jailed for fraud on Monday last.
Regardless, they’ve a strong side at home, they’ve only lost two of their last 15 there and have even kept six clean sheets over their most recent home matches, winning them all too. Their Europa League record is very good too, they’ve had 10 EL matches from 2018 to now, winning eight and drawing two, beating the likes of Benfica, CSKA Moscow and Fenerbahce.
While Spurs can be somewhat patchy form wise they had been on a run of five victories in-a-row prior to losing to Arsenal over the weekend. These teams rarely draw, Zagreb have had no home draws over their last 10 matches there while Spurs have had one over their last 10 away from home. Both teams have great goal-scoring records to boot so the first value pick is Both Teams to Score No Draw.
Pretty decent odds on the Welsh winger to get on the scoresheet here. The same can be said for Harry Kane but he’s unlikely to be on the pitch at kickoff while Bale is said to be starting. Bale has six goals to his name over his eight most previous matches in a Spurs shirt and has three in his last five Europa League matches for the club as well. We think he’ll be adding to his tally here.
MORE THURSDAY FOOTY TIPS:
- Zlatan to haunt Man Utd in this 14/1 Bet Builder for AC Milan clash
- DOUBLE: Paddy Power’s Europa League & Cheltenham Thursday pair of punts
- Our 3 best bets for Arsenal v Olympiakos tonight
Jose Mourinho’s side absolutely love an early goal, they’ve racked up 14 First Half goals over their last 10 away matches in all competitions. Looking at their overall Europa League record they’ve bagged 17 FH goals over their 12 matches so far and away from home the record stands at seven over their six away matches. With those records we’re getting a bit of value here so it’s making our list.
- Exclusive: Piers Morgan appoints himself to Arteta advisor role at Arsenal
- Man United appoint laundry lady Doris as Director of Underpants
- Punter nets over £78,000 with 11 draws in an acca
- United sign Gok Wan to upstage Pep’s touchline fashion crimes
- Dermot Gallagher reveals he was Oul’ Mr Brennan all along
- Matt Le Tissier: I thought Ali Dia had won a competition to train with Southampton
- Matt Le Tissier: ‘Glenn Hoddle was my hero – and a bit of a tw*t sometimes’