There’s an interesting clash in store at the London Stadium in the early kick off on Monday evening between West Ham and Sheffield United. The Hammers have had a great season under the much-maligned David Moyes, while Sheffield United have thrown themselves a lifeline with their recent form.
If The Blades are to pull off an unlikely escape they will need to be getting results and I can see Chris Wilder’s men getting a point here. They pulled off the shock of the season when they beat Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford in January, and they have won six of their last nine in all competitions.
West Ham moved to the fringes of the top four with their excellent form, but they haven’t scored in their last two games. That gives Sheffield United a glimmer of hope and the draw looks the logical choice here for two teams that can cancel each other out.
Monday 18:00 – West Ham v Sheffield United
BT Sport 1
Before their mini-slump in front of goal, Moyesy’s men had scored in eight straight games. And it’s worth backing them to regain the scoring touch against a Blades outfit that have kept just one clean sheet in the league all season.
Wilder’s outfit have scored in eight of their last nine games and with the odds on Both Teams To Score as they are, this looks to be the value bet in this market.
- Check out all the latest Football tips and previews now
- Our sweet 16/1 Bet Builder for Chelsea v Newcastle on Monday
- MONDAY ACCA: Our 18/1 BBTS 4-fold for tonight’s games
As ever, there’s a vast array of WhatOddsPaddy bets available for this game. The one that I like is Each Team 2+ Shots On Target In Each Half, which is available at a juicy price. I expect this to be an open game as both teams have every reason to go for it.
West Ham will be keen to try and close the gap on the top four, while Sheffield United are still at the bottom of the table. sitting back is simply not an option for either of them.
With both teams primed to attack, I’d expect both goalkeepers to have busy evenings. The odds on this punt looks very generous to me.
* Note: Acca and Bet Builder insurance only applies to bets of 4+ legs.
- Football tips: Thommo’s excellent 9/1 play for Chelsea v Newcastle on Monday
- Breaking: Adrián scoops Liverpool Goalkeeper of the Year award
- Exclusive: Spurs cancel order for ‘Top 4 2020/21’ commemorative keyrings
- Dermot Gallagher reveals he was Oul’ Mr Brennan all along