* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Chelsea should fancy themselves when Newcastle come to Stamford Bridge on Monday night. Even though Newcastle picked up a massive result last time out, winning 3-2 against Southampton. What a game that was!
Newcastle ended up clinging onto a lead with nine men in the final stages of the match. That demonstrated a bit of character to hang on to the three points, but at times Southampton were still able you walk right through them.
Monday 20:00 – Chelsea v Newcastle
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League
That was a backs to the wall effort from Newcastle and they will have defend from deep again on Monday against Chelsea, but there is something telling me that home outfit have a bit more about them under Thomas Tuchel now.
- Check out all the latest Football tips and previews now
- Our sweet 16/1 Bet Builder for Chelsea v Newcastle on Monday
- Monday’s 18/1 BTTS acca from PL and Europe
I do fancy The Blues to win this game quite comfortably. It’s been interesting to see Tuchel play Timo Werner up front since he came in, and it has looked as though the striker has a little bit of confidence coming back.
Werner has won a couple of penalties and proved an assist for Mason Mount’s opener against Sheffield United since the German was appointed. Tuchel seems to know him a bit better than Frank Lampard did, and he seems willing to give Werner that chance he craves at centre forward.
This should be a 3-1 victory for Chelsea. Newcastle have only managed two clean sheets in their last 12 games, so the warnings are ominous for fans of Steve Bruce’s side.
- Football tips: Our ace 25/1 treble for West Ham v Sheffield United on Monday
- Breaking: Adrián scoops Liverpool Goalkeeper of the Year award
- Exclusive: Spurs cancel order for ‘Top 4 2020/21’ commemorative keyrings
- Dermot Gallagher reveals he was Oul’ Mr Brennan all along