* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Juventus hold a 2-1 advantage over Inter coming into this second leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final. Both teams won their Serie A matches at the weekend and will be raring to go here.
Whoever comes out on top will face Atalanta or Napoli in the final and will fancy their chances against either. With it all to play for, we’ve piled through the stats to find the three Best Bets.
Tuesday 19:45 – Juventus v Inter Milan
BT Sport 2
At first glance the odds look fairly high here considering the firepower in both teams. The reason being is that Juventus’ defence has really stepped up of late, they’ve now kept five clean sheets over their last six matches in all competitions. The only match they failed to keep a clean sheet in was the first leg of this tie.
With Inter trailing from the first leg, they simply have to take the initiative here and go at the Old Lady. Meanwhile, even though Juve are enjoying some defensive success of late, over their last 15 home matches in all competitions they only kept six clean sheets. Inter have scored at least one goal in 13 of their last 15 away games in all competitions. Both Teams to Score is decent value with those stats in mind.
- Check out all the latest Football tips and previews now
- Our fab 7/2 Bet Builder for Man United v West Ham on Tuesday
- The 3 best bets for Burnley v Bournemouth in Tuesday’s early kick-off
- Paddy’s top trader reveals his FA Cup best bets this week
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently on 16 Serie A goals this season, followed by Inter’s Romelu Lukaku, Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lazio Ciro Immobile on 14. Ronaldo has another five in cup and the Champions League under his belt, while Lukaku has an additional six from the Coppa Italia and Champions League.
We could’ve gone for Lukaku here as well, as he’s scored three over his last five matches. But, he’s failed to score in four attempts against Juventus. Ronaldo has had the ball in Inter’s net on four occasions over his last nine appearances in games against them and with him on penalty duties at Juve, we prefer the look of the bet on him to score anytime here.
So far this term Juventus have scored 60.9% of their goals in the second half of matches. Inter have scored even more, with 72.6% of their goals in the second period of play. Both teams are conceding goals in the second half of play too.
Juve have conceded six in their 10 home league matches and Inter have let five over their 11 away Serie A matches, so the stats would indicate we should see a few goals in the second period here.
If Inter don’t get an early lead here, they’re going to have to take more and more risks going forward to try and draw level with the Old Lady.
This will, of course, leave them open to counter-attacks and the match could well come down to capitalising on mistakes made by the opposition. With the above stats, we should see a cracker of a second half here.
Juventus v Inter tips
WEDNESDAY’S TOP TIPS:
- BET BUILDER: Check out our 28/1 selection for Everton v Spurs
- Brighton & Blades can land Wednesday’s 7.30pm double
- Our 3 best bets for Swansea v Man City
- Matt Le Tissier: Southampton can bounce back from the 9-0 – they’ve done it before
- Matt Le Tissier: I thought Ali Dia had won a competition to train with Southampton
- Matt Le Tissier: ‘Glenn Hoddle was my hero – and a bit of a tw*t sometimes’