The Thomas Tuchel era at Stamford Bridge got off to a flat start with a scoreless draw with Wolves, but there’s no point reading too much into that as the new manager was only able to hold one training session prior to the game. The German gaffer is known throughout Europe for his style of play and the extra time on the training ground he has spent with the players this week should pay dividends against a Burnley team that has only beaten Chelsea once in the last 13 Premier League meetings.
- Chelsea v Burnley: 12pm – BT Sport 1
Sean Dyche’s men are on a great run currently, with recent victories over Liverpool and Aston Villa propelling them up the table, but this should be a bridge too far for them and it’s worth backing Chelsea in the HT/FT market as they been leading at HT and FT in five of the last six meetings between the teams.
OUR SUNDAY SELECTIONS:
- TRADER VERDICT: Paddy’s top number-cruncher previews Sunday’s Premier League action
- THOMMO’S TIPS: Phil Thompson fancies Spurs & Liverpool in his 7/2 Sunday double
After the Chelsea v Burnley match, is one of the most interesting games of the weekend. Leeds will still be having nightmares about the Foxes 4-1 victory at Elland Road earlier in the season, and despite the absence of Jamie Vardy, it’s possible something similar can happen again.
Brendan Rodgers has got his men right in the hunt again for a Champions League berth and despite the loss of his talismanic striker, they should still have enough quality to see off Leeds.
- Leicester v Leeds, 2pm – Sky Sports Main Event
James Maddison and Harvey Barnes have been causing problems all season and I’d expect that to continue against a Leeds team that has been chopping and changing their personnel in midfield recently.
Marcelo Bielsa’s team are one of the best to watch in the league and they and they should be good for a goal in this one. Backing Leicester to Win and BTTS seems the logical selection in what should be an entertaining game.
PP News Daily Double
Sunday, January 31
All odds are correct at time of first publishing, but may subsequently change.
TOP TIPS FOR SUNDAY
- EURO TREBLE: Our 18/1 bet from Italy & Spain
- 3 top tips for Chelsea v Burnley in the midday kick-off
- Magic Maddison to inspire Leicester past Leeds
- BET BUILDER: Our 32/1 punt for West Ham v Liverpool
- Bale to fire Spurs to win at Brighton – our 3 best bets