Paddy’s football ambassador Phil Thompson can see an absolute snooze fest on Sunday evening at The Emirates as Wolves travel to face Arsenal. He’s linked up with PPTV to offer his insight into these two misfiring sides.
It’s the sublime to the ridiculous in terms of goal scoring for Arsenal and Wolves. Have you seen the records of these two sides?
Both of them have scored nine. Arsenal, only nine. Wolves, nine! They’ve conceded 10 so it’s not bad, is it? They’ve not conceded lots. Arsenal are 12th, Wolves 9th, but it’s not good enough for Arsenal, is it?
In their last game against Leeds, Arsenal could quite easily have got beat so they defended very, very well. They just don’t look as though they’re going to score. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, what’s he done? He’s scored one penalty in the last eight Premier League games so it doesn’t fit very well.
Sunday 7.15pm: Arsenal v Wolves
Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League
This is a difficult one and before last week Arsenal had lost at home to Villa, 3-0. Things, after Mikel Arteta was looking as though he was going to be a saviour, going to be a genius, are a bit rocky at this moment.
Wolves, did they really miss Connor Cody on Monday night? Because for the first time that I can remember, Nuno Espirito Santo played four at the back. So, Connor Cody must be that important to them because that has rarely been the way they played and it showed because it took them nearly an hour to get to grips with this change information and still they can’t seem to find a goal.
We were all lording Raul Jimenez to be one of the top goal scorers, he’s finding it really hard.
THOMMO’S TIP: This might surprise you, but I’m going for 0-0. I’m awful sorry to everybody, but I can’t see them scoring and the defences are not too bad. I’m going for 0-0 and it might be a decent price.
- Tidy Timo Werner Can Help Net 27/1 Punt For Chelsea v Spurs
- Jimenez Can Help Score Our 3 Juicy Bets For Arsenal v Wolves
- Ward-Prowse to rouse Southampton as Man Utd head to St Mary’s
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: What you can get for a million quid
- Mark Clattenburg reveals the biggest diver in football
- Mark Clattenburg: Jose held grudge against me after ‘getting him the sack’