Ireland had a bit more possession than Greece on Friday night, but that doesn’t really mean much.
He needed a positive result and it didn’t come.
You’re looking at playing Gibraltar and getting a big win and if that can save him. And I’m not sure it will.
* WELCOME TO PP NEWS: NEW TO US? CLICK HERE FOR OUR £/€20 SIGN-UP OFFER
They’ve got the France and Dutch games coming up. Will they want someone else in charge for those?
I think the writing is on the wall a little bit, and he’ll know that as well.
It’s been a difficult job, and where does the blame lie? Is it at Stephen’s door? Is it the quality of the players at his disposal?
I would say it’s probably the latter. They’ve had some wonderful squads and talent over the years and it’s just not there anymore.
Whether it’s Stephen or someone else – which it probably will be – I think it’s going to be a tough job.
I think they need to just get tonight’s game out the way, and then look ahead.
If they do change manager, well, they’ve not got much chance on paper against France or the Netherlands – two tough games – so they could be under pressure already.
For me, I’d make the change and get a new manager in for those two tough games.
- Thommo’s backing Ireland to beat Gibraltar 3-0 tonight. CLICK HERE FOR HIS FULL BETTING PREVIEW
- And don’t miss Shane O’Brien’s 20/1 Bet Builder for Ireland v Gibraltar
- Shoot on over to Paddy Power News for the best Football Betting Tips & News
- Here’s 4 stats to ponder for your England v North Macedonia Bet Builder
- We’ve got a 12/1 Multi-Match Bet Builder for all tonight’s action