*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
France head to Qatar bidding to defend the World Cup Trophy.
Les Bleus are among the favourites in Paddy Power’s World Cup outright betting after topping the lot four years ago in Russia.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
Kylian Mbappe was among the scorers as France secured a 4-2 victory against Croatia in the 2018 World Cup final.
The Paris Saint-Germain hotshot is set to spearhead the team in Qatar but it has been far from smooth sailing for the French since adding a second star to their crest.
Didier Deschamps’ team crashed out of the 2020 European Championship at the last-16 stage after a penalty shootout defeat to Switzerland.
They went on to top their World Cup qualification group but their form has taken a turn for the worse in this calendar year, managing a solitary victory from their six UEFA Nations League matches to narrowly avoid relegation from the top tier.
France have been drawn into Group D at the 2022 World Cup alongside Australia, Denmark and Tunisia and will expect to progress as the winners which would set up a last-16 tie against the runner-up from Group C featuring Argentina, Mexico, Poland and Saudi Arabia.
If they were to progress from that tie then they would face England in the quarter-finals were the Three Lions to top Group B.
France World Cup Group D fixtures
- Score your football betting tips and previews at Paddy Power News
- World Cup 2022 dates, fixtures, groups, kick-off times and schedule for Qatar competition
- World Cup 2022: Which teams have qualified for the Qatar World Cup?
- World Cup winner odds: Brazil, France and England head Paddy’s Qatar 2022 outright market
- World Cup top scorer: Who are the favourites to win the Golden Boot?
- England World Cup predicted lineup: Paddy’s prices for Southgate’s starting XI v Iran