Professional independent lip readers can’t agree on what Jill Scott said to a German player during the Euros final yesterday.
The 35-year-old was caught on camera roaring at opponent Sydney Lohmann following a robust challenge.
However, experts are at odds over what the midfielder said with many theories appearing online.
“I think Jill is screaming ‘Glück’ into Lohmann’s face,” one lip reader told Paddy Power News.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
“Glück is the German word for luck. So, Jill could be wishing her opponent good luck during the final.
“You can tell by the way her eyes are bulging out of her head she really meant it too. It’s a wonderful piece of sportsmanship from Jill.”
However, another lip reader had a different interpretation of events.
“It’s pretty obvious Jill is calling Lohmann a ‘schmuck’,” they said.
“Jill’s a massive fan of the movie Goodfellas and often uses the word schmuck as a derogatory term to describe her opponents.
“The cameras didn’t pick it up, but Jill also used the well-known Italian ‘finger purse’ hand gesture soon after the outburst.
“It’s unclear why she reacted this way. Perhaps Lohmann told her to go home and get her shine box?”
Meanwhile, one lip reader believes the midfield star said ‘F**k off you f**king prick’.
“It was a close game, but the turning point seemed to be you shouting ‘f*ck off you f*cking prick’ at one of the German players.” pic.twitter.com/kxAexv0GLp
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 31, 2022
“Never mind ‘float like a butterfly, sting like a bee’, Jill’s ‘f**k off you f**king prick will go down as the greatest quote in sporting history.
“I understand Erik Ten Hag plans to use it during Manchester United’s next round of discussions with Cristiano Ronaldo and Jorge Mendes.
“And I believe Barcelona president Joan Laporta sent a text message to Frenkie de Jong this morning which read ‘f**k off you f**king prick’.”
In related news, former Chelsea skipper John Terry gate-crashed the Lioness’ post-match celebrations last night.
Terry arrived at the England team hotel fully kitted and posed for photographs with the victorious players.
The 41-year-old was also spotted running through Trafalgar Square this morning wearing a sports bra and holding aloft the Euros trophy.
*Paddy Power’s breaking football news coverage is 100% fake news*
- Premier League top 4 predictions: Thommo delivers his tips on the Champions League spots
- Who will win the Premier League title this season? Paddy’s odds for 2022/23
- Premier League Relegation Odds: Who are the favourites for the drop this season?
- Premier League Top Goalscorer Odds: Paddy’s favourites to win the Golden Boot in 2022/23
- Premier League Sack Race: Who’s first to get the boot in 2022/23?
- Premier League Title Winner Tips: Liverpool or Man City? Thommo gives title verdict
- Paddy Power pay out on Liverpool Premier League title win after Community Shield victory