- One punter from London doesn’t seem to care that Juventus have a defence wall Donald Trump would be proud of and he’s backed free-scoring Monaco to batter them on Tuesday night.
- It comes despite the fact The Old Lady has not conceded a goal in 621 minutes in the Champions League.
- They also haven’t let one in from open play in the whole competition, so this one’s got about as much chance as Jeremy Corbyn has of being the next UK Prime Minister. Yes, we went there…
- Things don’t bode well for a customer from Dublin, who fancies French wonder-kid Kylian Mbappé to do a Star Trek and lead Monaco to where no team has gone before.
- That’s because no club has over come back from trailing 2-0 after a home leg in the history of the Champions League and there’s been 14 attempts at it.
- Although Mbappé along with Man United and Chelsea reject Radamel Falcao have netted 10 of Monaco’s last 16 strikes in Europe premier club competition, so that does offer a sliver of hope to our punter.
- Finally, three backers have put their money behind Monaco to launch into an epic comeback, forcing the tie into a penalty shoot-out and besting Juventus in a game of spot kicks.
- Unfortunately, the stats don’t make good reading for that either as Monaco have only managed two victories in their last 11 Champions League matches away from their home in the principality.
- Add to that the fact no French team has ever beaten Juventus in Turin in a European tie and these punts seem about as unlikely as Marine Le Pen wrapping herself in an EU flag.
* All prices correct at time of posting.