Football management is a tough business. Just when you think you’ve cracked it, your goalkeeper gets sent off and you ship four goals to a team you used to manage.
Pep Guardiola has usually been on the opposite end 4-0 spankings and he won’t want his Man City team to make conceding goals a habit.
Sunday’s game against Southampton was the perfect chance to get back to winning ways. Sadly for Pep, City were unable to recover from John Stones misplaced back pass meaning Guardiola has failed to win any of his last 5 games.
The last time the Spanish manager suffered this fate was in March 2009. The world was a different place back then and we’ve had a look at what was happening all those years ago.
1. Kauto Star became the first horse in history to regain the Cheltenham gold Cup by seeing off Denman in an exhilarating race. His first win coming in 2007 for trainer Paul Nicholls.
2. The first case of Swine flu was reported in America.
3. Barack Obama became the first US president to appear on a late night chat show when he turned up on Jay Leno.
4. While Pep’s Barca team were only able to manage a draw against Real Mallorca in the Copa Del Rey, Tom Brady and supermodel girlfriend Gisele got married for the first time in Santa Monica.
5. Slumdog Millionaire won the best picture Oscar for 2009.
6. Lady Gaga began a three week stint at number 1 with Poker Face. The first poker based song to reach number one since The Gambler (know when to hold ‘em) by Kenny Rodgers in 1978.
7. In Coronation Street, Tina McIntyre found herself in court as a witness in the famous David Platt v Gary Windass case. At the last second Tina decides see can’t lie in court and tells the truth about the fight between David and Gary.
8. Harambe was still alive and enjoying life in the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, Texas.