* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
* Watch all the games on Sky Sports Arena
I expect a high scoring, high quality game here between Luke Humphries and Rowby-John Rodriguez, these two players can combine to hit over 8.5 180s in the match. Both have the ability to hammer the treble 20 bed and we could be in for a game that goes all the way to a fifth set – which will give the players plenty of chances to score heavily in this contest.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
We could well be in for a surprise in the last game of the afternoon session, where Jim Williams looks overpriced to beat Joe Cullen. The former BDO championship finalist produced a solid performance see off Ted Evetts in the first round and he can continue his run here. Cullen has struggled on the Ally Pally stage too, only making it past the second round once in 11 previous appearances here.
Nathan Aspinall is the strong favourite here, but I believe that Joe Murnan can give him a tougher test than many expect. Murnan was poor in his first round victory over Paul Lim, but his overall form on the PDC Tour this year has been good. If he can get back to his normal game in this one, he can give Aspinall a stiff test. However, I would still expect the world number 10 to prevail in the end.
Steve Beaton dealt well with the huge pressure of playing Fallon Sherrock in the first round and I believe The Bronzed Adonis can benefit from that victory in his second round tie against Kim Huybrechts. Beaton played really well for much of the game against Sherrock and if he can get close to that form, he can beat Huybrechts and setup a third round tie with the tournament favourite Gerwyn Price.
* All match times are approximate as most will depend on the game that precedes it.
14:30 Luke Humphries v Rowby-John Rodriguez: Over 8.5 180s
15:30 Joe Cullen v Jim Williams: Williams To Win
19:00 Nathan Aspinall v Joe Murnan: Aspinall To Win And Both Players To Win A Set
21:00 Kim Huybrechts v Steve Beaton: Beaton To Win
* An accumulator on these four best bets pays at approximately 38/1 with Paddy Power. CLICK HERE TO ADD IT TO YOUR BETSLIP.
FREE BET IF 1 LEG LETS YOU DOWN
If one leg of your 4+ fold Accumulator fails to land, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Acca Free Bet If 1 Leg Lets You Down per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
- Check out Darts tips and betting previews at Paddy Power News
- PDC World Darts Championship 2022 draw, schedule, results and odds
- World Darts Championship Offers: We’ve stepped up to the oche with two huge promotions
- Fallon Sherrock Investigates: Darts hero explores wacky world of fancy dress