* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No, we don’t mean Christmas. It’s because the World Darts Championship is back on our screens. The world’s best players will go in search of the Sid Waddell Trophy as the tournament begins this Wednesday December 15 and runs all the way to the final on Monday January 3, 2022.
The darts have become more popular during the festive season than East 17’s Stay Another Day and it really wouldn’t be Christmas without some awesome arrows on the telly. As things stand, this year’s tournament will already be far more exciting then the 2021 version of the World Championship and that’s because the fans are back at Ally Pally. So, we really can’t wait to hear them back singing Planet Funk’s Chase The Sun at the top of their lungs!
Last year’s competition saw Gerwyn Price beat Gary Anderson by seven sets to three to claim his first ever title and the defending champion enters this tournament as favourite having just won the Grand Slam of Darts last month.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
He is followed in the outright betting by three-time champion Michael van Gerwen and 2020 winner Peter Wright. But, given the topsy-turvy nature of this Covid-19 hit season, you just can’t rule out names like Jonny Clayton, Michael Smith or Jose De Sousa springing a bit of a surprise.
Oh, and how could we forget The Queen Of The Palace and Paddy Power ambassador Fallon Sherrock? She went on an unforgettable run at the Grand Slam of Darts, pushing Peter Wright all the way in the quarter-final while averaging close to 99 points that night. She takes on veteran darter Steve Beaton in the First Round and it would be the sporting story of a lifetime if she became the first woman to win the World Championship.
Can you tell we are excited yet? Well, to celebrate the World Championship starting we are going to bring you two massive promotions to get stuck into. Firstly, we are extending our Acca-Cracker offer to all PDC Darts matches. So, if one leg of your accumulator lets you down, we will give you a free bet. Bullseye!
* Applies to 4+ fold Accas. Minimum odds of 1/5 per leg apply. Max free bet £10 refund per day. Does not include in-play bets. Now credited instantly. T&Cs apply
Next up on the big stage, we are offering you a free bet for every 180 your chosen player in the outright winner market hits in their opening match at the tournament. Don’t worry, this applies to whenever your favourite player plays their first game, whether that comes in the First Round or the Second Round – as the higher ranked players enter the competition a little later than others. That’s a Game Shot on our books!
* Applies to the first bet placed on the PDC World Championship outright market only. Applies to bets placed from 5pm Friday 10th December until 7pm Wednesday 15th December. Max free bet €/£2 per 180. Min qualifying stake €/£5 (€/£5 win or €/£2.50 e/w). T&Cs apply
- Check out Darts tips and betting previews at Paddy Power News
- Fallon Sherrock Investigates: Darts hero explores wacky world of fancy dress